Elwood Town Election appointed

Elwood Town Council Elections

Public Notice to Elwood Town Citizens


Elwood Town Council will be filling the vacancy of a Councilmember seat, the term is for 8 months. Any citizen of Elwood who is interested in the open seat must: submit an application of Declaration of Candidacy to Gina Marble and be a resident of Elwood Town for at least 12 consecutive months, be a United States citizen, be 18 years of age or older and be a registered voter in Elwood Town. Elwood Town Council will appoint a Councilmember on Tuesday April 9, 2019 at Elwood Town Hall 5235 w. 8800 n. Elwood at 7:00. Any questions regarding this matter can be referred to Gina Marble, Elwood Town Recorder/Clerk at 257-5518 between 9:00 am – 4:00 p.m. M-F.


Filing for Declaration of Candidacy

Elwood Town 2019 Elections

For City Council:

Mark Stephen Fisher Lay
10488 North 4400 West
Elwood UT 84337

General Election day is Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Gina Marble
City Recorder

To be published in The Leader: June 26, 2019

If you have any questions, please contact Gina Marble, City Recorder, at (435) 257-5518




Declaration of Candidacy for 2 Elwood City Council Positions


Notice is hereby given that anyone seeking to become a candidate for a seat on the Elwood Town Council shall file a Declaration of Candidacy form in person with the Elwood Town Recorder between June 1, 2019 and June 7, 2019, during office hours and not later than 5:00 p.m., 5235 w 8800 n Elwood. Petitions for nomination are to be filed during the same time period.


The position of two Elwood Town Council seats will be filled for four-year terms. To qualify for election, a candidate must:


  1. Be a United States citizen;
  2. Be at least 18 years of age before the next municipal election;
  3. Be a resident of Elwood for a period of 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of the election;
  4. Be a registered voter of Elwood Town.


If the number of candidates does not exceed twice the number of persons needed to fill the positions, a primary election will not be held and the candidates shall be considered nominated. Any person who files a declaration of candidacy and is nominated, or any person who is nominated by a nomination petition, may withdraw the nomination anytime up to 23 days before the election by filing a written affidavit with the City Recorder.


To become a valid write-in candidate, a person must file a 'Write-in Declaration of Candidacy' form with the City Recorder not later than 14 days before the November election.

Gina Marble Recorder

Posted at Elwood Town Office January 13, 2019

Elwood Town Open Seats

Elwood Town has 2 seats open (2 Councilmembers) they are all 4 year terms.

Elwood had 1 person turn in their Declaration of Candidacy:

For Council Member: Mark Stephen Fisher Lay
For Council Member:

Campaign Financial Report